Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Saturday, August 8: Day 57


What? I should photograph for National Geographic? Really? You think I could be the best they've seen? Why.....thank you!

Today was another sleep in day, due to the fact that we didn't fall asleep until about 3ish with Thy's flight coming in so late. After being lazy for awhile, we went to clean the church and then it was off for a hike!

We decided to go check out the Eagle River Nature Center trails. We read about how there are beavers there with some nice trails around the area. All we saw were beaver dams. They must have been sleeping. There were a billion of them, though, and it really made me wonder. Do beavers migrate?

It was a pretty flat hike...almost to where it was more like a walk. But it was 3 miles, so that should count for something. Here are the shots I took (besides the amazing one that began this post)


The reason I took this was to try and capture the way the glacial water cut the edge of the ground so deep. I don't know how well you can really see that in the picture.


Paths like this one are what I pictured when I was little and heard the story, Little Red Riding Hood.

The above picture made me feel like I was in the movie "Signs". Can anyone tell me what could have made this mark, aside from extra-terrestial creatures?

3 comments:

  1. nice article!

    Your IT Zone - Information Technology News, Tutorials, Tips and Tricks
    Your Tech Spot - Computer News, Reviews and Guides
    Your Tech Guide - Technology News, Reviews and Guides

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome reflection pictures! That last one is odd! I hope you find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing all the pictures you take. You'll have to let me know what kind of camera you have. I have an SLR Nikkon, D50. I don't know how to use all the features, so it rests on AUTO mode a lot.

    ReplyDelete