Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sunday, August 2: Day 51

Here's the Sunday School class that I love:

We took a picture since Brooke and Daniel will be leaving soon for college. From left to right: Haleigh Robinson, Cara Wilcox, me (I really hate this picture of myself, but I'm taking one for the team right now), Brooke Mcelwee, David Owen, Ryan, Matt Rindlisbacher, Daniel Schwicht, and David Wilcox. I'll miss you Brooke and Daniel!

Later in the afternoon, Matthias and I brought books to Lake Hood to read while we watched the float planes. About 40+ ducks started to come onto the runway and I became very concerned about their safety. I couldn't get all of them in 1 picture until they converged but then my battery died. Luckily, whenever a plane came, the plane compensated. But it was strange to me that the ducks didn't even seem to flinch. This big, roaring floatplane is coming right over them and they're just sitting there. Finally, one plane made a few of them flap frantically away but nothing extremely dramatic. I kept wondering what was going on in their little duck brains.
I love Sunday afternoons when Matthias and I can be together without the regular stuff to do during the week. I miss having Sunday dinner with family, but it's nice to be able to do things like this together and coming to Lake Hood will be something I miss when we don't live here anymore.

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your site. It's a fun way to see Alaska. It's absolutely beautiful up there. What a fun adventure for you both. This is Bryce's mom. Hi Matthias!!!! For your information you can use your bounce sheets more than once. Probably about 3 to 4 times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! I will definitely do that!

    ReplyDelete