Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Monday, August 10: Day 59

I was supposed to go pull weeds on the temple grounds today and totally spaced it. I'll be going on the 24th--hopefully I'll remember then. I bought a planner for this specific purpose. It's written in there and everything. Somehow I still manage to forget things. I used to be such a "planner person". I'd write everything down and cross it off when it was done. There are glimpses of that every so often as you look back on past weeks.......but still nothing like it used to be. I'm not consistent with it and I don't thrive on lists like I used to. And there are two sides to that: it's bad in the way that I'm much more forgetful now and space things I really should remember and good in the way that I'm much more laid back than I used to be. It reflects that there is much less stress in my life because I'm not obsessing over everything that just has to get done. But spacing things like weeding flowers at the temple is not good. I had said I'd be there and now I'm one of the flakes that didn't show up.
I don't like that one bit. I'm recommitting myself to actually looking at my planner and writing things down.

I also missed the opportunity to take a picture of the tastiest little potato thingys I made for dinner tonight. We were feeding the missionaries and I wanted to try something new. I remembered something I saw on The Next Food Network Star, and they actually turned out!
I didn't have the recipe when I made them so I just eye-balled it all. Put a few pieces of thinly sliced potato on the bottom of each muffin tin, 1 baby slice of swiss cheese, another few pieces, poured a couple of tablespoons of cream, then one more layer of cheese. Amaaaaazing. They were all bubbly and crispy when I pulled them out.

Then it was off for a run outside because it was a lovely night. About 65 degrees with a light breeze. Perfect running conditions.

Hmm...I've been searching online for a picture of those potatoes and can't seem to pull it off. It's too bad. But I'm sure I'll make them again, and soon. If any of you try it out, let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I need to start using a planner again! School starts on monday. That means I won't be able to procrastinate anymore. What a pity.

    ReplyDelete