Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Thursday, August 20: Day 69

oday was a bunch more seminary stuff: reading and watching training videos. So I thought instead of showing you more of the same, I would post a picture of a new way of organizing books I heard on HGTV at the gym.

I love to organize! I've even thought in the past about being a professional organizer. But I don't think organizing other people's stuff would be as much fun. I like to be able to live with the things I organize...to have a system for things. This is not to say my apartment is always organized, but I do my best. So this idea sounded like fun to try. The design lady organized the house's books by spine color. It looked extremely cool in the room she was doing because the whole wall was full of books. So I was a bit disappointed when my shelves looked a little less dramatic. We have two different book shelves, this being our smaller one. The bigger one has our church books in it and they all have black or dark spines for the most part. But I do kind of like this arrangement for the smaller one, even though it's not as much of a "wow" factor as I saw on TV. Maybe when we have our dream room someday that's full of books (like the library on Beauty and the Beast) it will look better.

1 comment: