Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday, August 4: Day 53

Today had some mixed feelings. I loved it because I got to spend time with some of the YW and YM in the ward, but it was sad, because it was the last time I got to hang out with Brooke before she left.

I had a breakfast for her and some of her friends. All in all, I think there were about 12 people at the breakfast. We had crispy french toast, sausage, cheesy hash brown casserole, grapes, and juice. Crispy french toast is my favorite sinful breakfast food and I always feel a twinge of guilt after eating it.
To make up for the extra calories, we went hiking on Flat Top mountain. It's the most popular hike in the state, or so they say. I like it enough, although the last stretch is pretty scrambly for me and I don't like to scramble. It makes me feel squeemish about falling. Here's a group picture half-way up:

And when we made it to the top! (6 of us made it, Eric Wilcox is taking the picture) It was so windy that we decided to just go with the wind and make it part of the picture.

We spent time sitting in that little cove that protected us from the wind. It was pretty dang cold. From left to right: Penny, Cara, Brooke, Cindy (I just met Cindy today, she got back from college in Arkansas and is really fun), and I.

I will miss having Brooke in class and at other activities. Good luck in Wyoming, Brooke!

No comments:

Post a Comment