Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Friday, August 7: Day 56

Courtney and I stayed up waaaaay too late last night. Therefore, we accidentally slept in waaaay too late today. I will choose to not say when we finally made it to the kitchen for breakfast, but the sun was high in the sky. After breakfast (I will have to do a separate post on my love of Fiber One pancakes and Fiber One products in general) we played Qwitch, a game kind of like speed but with an extra twist, and Blokus (my birthday present last year--love it!). I'm grateful that Courtney wanted to spend time with an old lady like me who is probably no fun at all. But I enjoyed myself, so I have to give a shout-out to Courtney and say thanks! You didn't really think I would take a picture of us in the state we were in, right? PJ's, scraggly hair...

I went to work at the temple tonight at 5:00. Tonight they let me go early, at about 8:15, so I headed for home to clean the house up real nice for Matthias. I caught a glimpse of the sky while in the kitchen and just had to get a picture.
The sun set tonight at 10:21 And we lose about 3 minutes a day on the setting side and 2-3 minutes a day on the rising side (which is at 5:45 a.m.)

Matthias's flight got in at around 2:30 a.m. I don't think I need to express how glad I was to give him a big hug at the airport. He's my whole world. Thankfully, I had great friends who made his time away much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment