Monday, August 17, 2009

Tuesday, August 11: Day 60

Why did no one tell me Duff was coming to Anchorage? Duff is the owner of Charm City Cakes, which is the place where Ace of Cakes is filmed. Duff came to Anchorage this past April, and let me tell you, it was not publicized very well because I research what's going on each week pretty thoroughly. I get weekly emails about major events and also all kinds of not-so-major events each week and nowhere did it say that a Food Network star would be performing with his band at the Spenard Roadhouse. What a bummer.
I took some pictures of his Alaskan experiences from the TV screen. For some reason I couldn't get the pictures to turn out very well.
For some reason he thought it would be fun to jump in the freezing cold water. I think it's absolutely crazy. It was 18 degrees that day.
Then he got dropped off by helicopter to AK back country to snowboard down a mountain. Again, a little bit crazy in my mind but I know to some people that would be their dream.
Then he learned how to be a musher:
After coming back, he was in charge of making a cake for a celebration in New York for Alaska's 50th Anniversary. I'm not sure why they were celebrating it in New York? Maybe because Alaska is so awesome? Here are some pics of the cake: Watching Ace of Cakes inspired me to do cake decorating and it would have been really cool to meet Duff but alas, now I am left to blog about the missed opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. That show is so cool. It is so fun to see what they come up with.

    ReplyDelete