Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thursday, August 13: Day 62

Girl's night out...I'm usually not one for girl's night out and maybe it's because I don't have kids that I'd like a break from and I never want to be away from home when Matthias is back from work. But they reeled me in when I heard they were doing cake decorating. They asked me to do a little ditty on how to fill and decorate cupcakes. Another lady, Beverly, taught how to make a rose and some other fun things. It was a lot of fun! And speaking of cupcakes, here's a picture of the largest cupcake ever made (according to the Guinness Book of World Records--see link for all the stats: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32438528/ns/us_news-weird_news/). It is 1,224 lbs., took 12 hours to bake and included 800 eggs and 200 pounds each of sugar and flour. They estimate it has about 2 million calories!

1 comment:

  1. yum...... I like to decorate cakes too, but am not good at it.

    ReplyDelete