Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thursday, August 27:Day 76

Today I spent the afternoon helping a friend (Virginia Owen) with an eagle cake, for her son's (David) Eagle Scout of Honor program. I was mostly there for moral support and a board to bounce ideas off of. The only thing I actually did was frost the cake and did the border. I liked it that way. Less pressure! She did a fabulous job and it was fun to use two brains to come up with ideas and problem shoot.

Note to self in case I ever do this cake: the wax paper transfer does NOT work with your favorite icing recipe. Use Wilton one if you must use that technique. Otherwise, a toothpick and freehanding skills are necessary. Also: the bottom of the wings were used with a tip 104 with fatter tip up and tilted at 45 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment