Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Saturday, September 26: Day 107

I hung out with my friend Amy (http://michellesyearinalaska.blogspot.com/2009/08/wednesday-august-26-day-75.html) and her neighbor, Lisa. We practiced making buttercream roses. I am very rusty in this skill, so it was good to practice.


Today was also the R.S. broadcast and there was a soup buffet dinner afterwards. Whenever I can think of an excuse to make my new favorite recipe of potato soup, I do it. I got it over Christmas break from my mom who had received a recipe box-package of crock pot recipes. It's sooooooooo good. I mean, it's the soup I will make when my future kids get sick and whenever we need a pick-me-up during a cold winter day, or just comfort food any time of year. Since I have such a strong testimony of this soup, I am going to share the recipe with you now.
The broadcast itself was really great, and I got excited for conference this weekend. I carpooled with some nearby ward members, Karen Warner and Juliet Belnap. I think fall conference always has a little bit more excitement for me--maybe because it kind of reminds me that the holidays are coming and I just love fall time so much.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that sounds really good. I'm totally making it this week. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete