Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Wednesday, September 16: Day 97

Tonight Matthias and I went to see Jonah Goldberg, who had come for "Constitution Week" at UAA. I didn't know who this was until Matthias told me. He's a bit like Glenn Beck, although I like Glenn Beck a bit more, but maybe that's because I'm more familiar with him. Two school year's ago, I used to put his radio show on after my students left and listened while I got stuff done. Anyway, tonight was definitely interesting. I have to say that my absolute favorite part, though, was the guy sitting to my left, and let me tell you why. He, too, had a camera. But I'm not exaggerating when I say he took about 100 pictures of Mr. Goldberg. Not only that, but it was the same angle, same everything. He'd get it centered, hold for a second, click, center, pause, click, over and over and over. The first 5-10 times, I thought, well maybe it was blurry or something. But it became quite clear to me that something much more serious was going on. I can't even venture to guess what but it was so amusing to me.

Another interesting thing that made me wonder a lot was something we saw on campus:
Can anyone figure out what this is supposed to be? There was no description or title or any sort of marking on it that could lead one to conclude what it is. Very strange...

No comments:

Post a Comment