Friday, September 4, 2009

Sunday, August 30: Day 79

I don't think it can get any more beautiful than this right here:
Did you see the leaves that are turning yellow in the above picture? Can you believe it's already happening?

We took Becky to Independence Mine, so if these pictures look a bit familiar, it's because they are. This time, though, we went driving up the road a bit further and found a hidden lake and short walking trail that led to a great view of endless mountains. (It's called Hatcher Pass and a lot of hikes lead off from this point)
Some old buildings by the mine, and the view of the mountains from those buildings.
When we got back, it was cupcake making time! Becky is a pro when it comes to cupcakes. We picked a recipe I had never tried before but I will definitely keep it around, because they were some of the best cupcakes I'd ever tasted before. They had a peanut butter hersey's kiss in the middle, with a peanut butter cake and chocolate butter cream. And finally, Reeses Peanut Butter cups to top it all off. Wow. With my birthday on the 23 and hers on the 25, we had every reason to celebrate big. And so we did.

1 comment:

  1. So I have't seen her in what, probaby 8 years, wow! She is so pretty.

    I am so jelous of where you live. I would love to go do hikes like that and see beautiful nature. This may sound dumb but sometimes something as simple as the leaves changing to amazingly beautiful colors makes me choke up. I mean, it's amazing, the whole huge world and eveything.

    Anyways, the pictures are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete