Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tuesday, September 29: Day 110

No, no, it didn't snow today (and yes, that's not really a picture I took) But it was the first morning I came out to find an icy windshield. Our ice scraper was buried away in our storage unit so I had to sit and wait for the defroster to do it's winterly duty. That's its one big duty. (hopefully someone can guess what movie I'm thinking of??) I'm actually not feeling as much dread in my heart for winter this year, which is obviously nice (no one wants to feel dread in their heart)--but very surprising because last year at this time, I was. Maybe it's because we had such a phenomenal summer. What an amazing summer!! (We've listed it as the #2 summer of our lives...last summer being #1 with our Europe adventures) I'm looking forward to feeling cozy on the couch, reading a good book while snow is falling, the holidays, the dog races, the space heater Matthias has promised me from Costco to keep my feet warm, potentially learning how to cross country ski, and whatever else this winter might bring. Now, I will readily admit that I may not be completely excited for loading on the layers and boots every time I want to go outside, or pushing the shopping cart over a thick sheet of bumpy ice, or scraping the window at 5:15 a.m., but I'm surprisingly feeling okay about the whole thing. So I'm not gonna fight that.

1 comment:

  1. I made that potato soup, and it was yummy! I actually liked it the best two days later. Some things just get better with time.

    ReplyDelete