Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sunday, September 27: Day 108

Yesterday Matthias helped a family move out of our ward and into Eagle River, the town just NW of Anchorage. He said the drive there was so amazing that he took me along the same route so that I'd be able to see it, too. Here are some shots that I took while in the car on the highway just out of town...
We took a road that began to wind back and forth, higher and higher:
And......scene.You can see the road we took in this picture, and in the distance, downtown Anchorage and of course the inlet.
Last year fall ended abruptly and from what I've heard from people who've lived hear a long time, this fall has been much more typical. I don't think there's a prettier place on Earth to live during the fall time than Alaska. And as you can see, it won't be fall time much longer, since the snow is creeping down the mountain. It provides for some great pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment