Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sunday, September 20: Day 101

Day 100! I can't believe it's already been 100 days. That went by really, really fast. Now, only 265 more. There have been several times when I wanted to give up on this project...just yesterday being one of them. But it's so cool that I can go back on any day (for the past 100 at least) and see what I was doing or thinking at the time.

We had the missionaries over tonight for dinner. I tried a new recipe out: Creamy Herbed Pork Chops. They don't look as good as they tasted...yum. I wish I could take credit but the recipe did all the work. I love pork chops and this "took it to the next level", as they say. Lots of good flavors packed into that thick, creamy sauce. Put it over some brown rice and--BAM--you have yourself some good eating ahead.

Here's the recipe for anyone interested:

4-6 pork chops
2 Tbsp. butter
2/3 c finely chopped carrots
1 Tbsp. dry parsley
4 tsp flour
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried thyme
1 tsp instant beef bouillon granules
1 1/3 c milk or light cream
4 Tbsp. water

Cook chops and carrots in butter in large skillet, browning meat well. Remove chops (cover with foil), reserving the drippings and carrots. To drippings, add dry ingredients. Add milk/cream all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in water. Return chops to pan; spoon sauce over top and heat through. You can simmer on low for an hour or so to get it more tender and let the flavors marinate.

1 comment: