Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Saturday, September 19: Day 100

This morning reminded me of a children's book I used to read to my class called "We're Going on a Leaf Hunt", because that's basically what we did. And I don't think I've ever seen more beautiful scenery. See for yourself:

It was all too pretty to be real. And then we saw this little fella:
And the mom:

At first when we saw them we were a little ways away and couldn't get closer because of a steep spot right in front of us. It was really hard to tell which road led to the yard they were in, but Matthias was determined and we finally made it. Lest you become afraid that the mom moose was mad, let me teach you the ways of moose: If their ears are up, they're just curious. If they are straight back, then you should turn the other way and run. So we were fine.

These flowers were just growing on the side of the road. Isn't that amazing?
We just had to take a shot of this house. See if you can find anything strange...
Yes, of course, there are gold lions guarding their property. Why wouldn't there be?
It really makes you wonder. Later in the afternoon I played some tennis with Ryan and his friend, Brian. Ryan was in my Sunday school class and plays for the Dimond high school tennis team. It was so incredibly nice outside...high 60's but it felt like mid-70's. For a little bit towards the end, I sat against the fence as the other two played and let the sun hit my arms while listening to lawn mowers. I actually felt like I could've been at home. I loved every second of it.

1 comment:

  1. This was like a little mini-vacation! Love the baby moose!!

    ReplyDelete