Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Monday, September 28: Day 109

Before this week, the pages in my scriptures between 2 Nephi 12-24 were stuck together. And since I'm catching this up on Wednesday, I can say that in the past two days I've spent
somewhere over 10 hours getting through 2 Nephi 12-19 verse by verse, marking, highlighting, and writing in quotes from smart Isaiah authors. I had 3 other books open that all had things to say about what the verses meant and definitions of words/phrases that I've grown up being frustrated by because nothing made sense. And although I am no expert on Isaiah, I finally get the stories and the themes and messages that are in there...it's crazy. Understanding Isaiah has been in the same category as doing family history--I always assumed I would somehow figure it out and do it when my hair is grey. It's been amazing to see the words come to life and take on meaning. I guess it's a lot like learning a new language that way. So although I hesitated to blog about this because I didn't want it to sound like a Sunday School lesson where I'm trying to convince my audience that they should read Isaiah, too, I really just feel like I need to document this for my own life: this is the first day that Isaiah actually made sense to me and some of these verses and stories will now be among my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment