Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thursday, September 17: Day 98

I went to my first seminary faculty meeting of all time tonight at the Anchorage Institute building (the picture above is not the specific one I went to....I forgot my camera). We listened to a training broadcast from Sister Julie Beck for all CES employees and volunteers. She told us they had asked many of the youth all over the world why the 1st Presidency invested so much money in educating them through seminary and institute. I have to say, I don't think I could have come up with exactly the right answer, although maybe I would have come close. It was enlightening to here that it is to help them be able to be sealed in the temple and be better husbands and wives, fathers and mothers. She said that if a seminary teacher got everything else right but didn't help their students understand the doctrine of the family, it was all a waste. So, understandably, I've resolved to make that my goal for this year.

1 comment: