Friday, September 4, 2009

Saturday, August 29: Day 78

I love the Alaska State Fair!
It can't be beat, as far as state fairs go. The produce is huge and the food is better than ever. Here are some highlights:
These duck heads are out of this world!
We got the chance to see some chicks hatching. I can't figure out how to get the video of the chicks hatching up with this chick picture. It's stuck at the bottom of the post (you'll have to pase the playlist at the bottom in order to hear the video, although all you'll hear is the people next to us commenting on the "mama duck" and the "baby duck". So maybe muting the sound would be the better option). Here are a few that hatched before we got there that were pet-able and oh so cute.
And the glorious corn dogs. If you remember last year, we posted about these same ones. And yes, those two are just for me. This is not to be judged. If any judging is occurring, it should be to judge from the pictures that you should get two, too, if occasion permits you to be at the next AK state fair.
You know how I love a unique and colorful flower. I only picked four pictures, but trust me when I say I took more pictures of flowers than I did produce.
Later on in the evening, we grilled some chicken and zucchini/squash in kabob style at Taku lake. First picture is of Taku Lake, the second is of Campbell Creek right next to the lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment