Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesday, September 15: Day 96

The leaves are no longer changing just in the mountains now, but all over. I'm living in denial that winter is coming. We're going to have a perpetual fall. Fall is definitely my favorite season. I love the smell and crispness of the air. It reminds me of trick-or-treating when I was young, and Thanksgiving, spending time with family, and the anticipation of Christmas. So many memories are tied up in the fall time. Living up here makes me feel like Halloween is next weekend, when it reality it's more than a month away. Likewise, I feel like Thanksgiving is a month away, when really its two. And Christmas shopping should start any day now, right? Well, you get the idea. It's easy to jump the gun up here because the air and leaves are giving me a different idea for how close things are. Don't be surprised if another day or two revolves around the changing leaves. It's just that it's one of my favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment