Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sunday, June 28: Day 16

We discovered a new place! It's a park/lake/trailhead and I love it! The lake is called Taku Lake. There's a walkway around the lake that also splinters off in several places, one of which is a series of break-offs with trails that go on for miles. We saw a couple of beavers, too. The one below is munching on the leaves (or wood?) on the branch in it's mouth.
We also saw a ton of ducks. My favorite was the mom duck with seven little babies who followed her everywhere (although in the picture, I can only see six...there were seven there for sure, though). It was more adorable than I could bear. But I bore it anyway. There is something about baby animals that makes me melt. It makes me wonder what my own babies will do. I'll just be a big puddle on the floor at their every move.

I couldn't help myself here. I had to get a picture of this light that looks like a fish hook. Can you tell that the chairs look like fish? One of the fish looks like a man, but don't be fooled.

Just check out how long this dandelion stem is! All that sunlight does a lot for a little weed.

No comments:

Post a Comment