Monday, July 27, 2009

Wednesday, July 15: Day 33

Today we took it easy and got a few things done, like copied my pictures onto a CD for my mom, cleaned up the house just a bit, and then my mom bought me a camera case for my birthday. (Thanks, Mom!)

We stopped by the Alaska Wildberry Products store, one of my favorites up here. They have a ton of different souveneirs, but more importantly, they have the largest chocolate fountain in the world with the signatures of all the characters from the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie. They specialize in all sorts of chocolates. My favorites are their chocolate covered: berries, licorice, chow mein noodles, oreos, and penuche cream. Yum.
If that wasn't enough deliciousness for one day, my mom made us her famous tacos with homemade hard shells. This was one of my favorite meals growing up. For dessert, I made a cake for my mom. It was a teeny, tiny one that we all shared so we wouldn't get too sick. It's my favorite flavor: white chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream.

It was extremely hard to say goodbye to my mom tonight. I'll miss her very, very much. I'm just so glad she could come and stay for as long as she did. I love you, Mom!

1 comment: