Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Saturday, June 27: Day 15

Matthias and I went on an amazing hike today on Turnagain Arm trail. The Turnagain Arm is the body of water that branches off of the Cook Inlet south of Anchorage. So this trail gave some great views of the coastline. My favorite viewpoint is the one below where there is a bench that is right on the edge of the cliff. The bench is so tall that my feet could swing in the air like they used to when I was 5. Thy's feet are swinging, but the picture doesn't show it all that well. But check out the view, eh?
This is also at the same viewpoint, looking further south.
I am in love with waterfalls. When I picture heaven, there are always waterfalls everywhere. So I have to include some of the waterfall shots I got:
I forgot to mention that I also picture my husband with the waterfalls. Could it get any better? Maybe if there were peaches growing on that nearby tree...
On the way back, we came across a moose. It was nearly on the trail, so we hung back for a few minutes and then peeked out from the corner and saw him walking further in to munch on some leaves. He was probably about 30-40 feet away.
I had to take a picture of this tree. I've only seen holes like that in Winnie the Pooh movies or kids books. It's so classic. How does a hole like that even happen?At the bottom of the trail, the water collects in this gorgeous little pond.

I know nature pictures aren't as much fun as pictures with people in them, but I just can't help but indulge myself. I figure that's the beauty of having your own blog. Post what interests you!

Anyway, we're convinced this is a trail we need to come back to in the fall when all the leaves change color. It's got to be phenomenal!

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing Alaska nature! Yeah for keeping up with POD! :)

    ReplyDelete