Thursday, July 2, 2009

Wednesday, July 1: Day 19

Why is change so hard sometimes?
This is the thing I miss:
Sampras. He played. He won. He was simply amazing.
This is the change I'm having a hard time accepting:
Federer. He's playing. He's winning. And he's about to beat Sampras's all-time record of 14 major titles. It's hard for me to like him, even though he's a perfectly likeable guy. He's even friends with Sampras! Sampras is supposedly rooting for him during this Wimbledon. But for me, it's hard to see someone new out there. So on this 1 year anniversary (since we were attending the Men's Wimbledon Quarterfinals) I salute Sampras and commit to being more willing to accept a new face in the history of tennis.

1 comment:

  1. I thought about you when I saw part of it. Do you think Sampras REALLY wanted him to win? I applaud your commitment. ;)

    ReplyDelete