Monday, July 27, 2009

Saturday, July 18th: Day 36

Today the Young Women and leaders got together to practice kayaking at Jewel Lake to get ready for girls camp next week. We were taught the basics of getting in and out of the kayak as well as general safety tips while you're out on the water. I'm excited to go next week!
I was in charge of making the menu for Girl's Camp and therefore put together the shopping list for the food. We were supposed to include the girls in the shopping, so I divided the list into groups and assigned 2-3 girls for each group/list of items. It worked out pretty well, if I do say so myself. I figured I should document it in case I ever have to do this again. The extra planning really helped out. Everyone was super productive and we got out of the stores in record time. We should have some tasty meals, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment