Monday, July 20, 2009

Sunday, July 12: Day 30

Yum. After church we grilled some chicken/zucchini/squash kabobs and corn on the cob. It was to die for.
Mom invented something called a "truffle cup", which is a perfectly roasted marshmallow with a few chocolate chips on top. Like so:
It was worth cheating for, so I gave it a try. And then gave loooots of insulin. The diabetes Gods smiled upon me, because my blood sugar was just fine for the entire night. Phew.
I just had to take my mom to Lake Hood, where all of the float planes land/take off/park. It's the lake with the most traffic in the country.
There's a spot where there is a water runway where you can get an up close look at the action.
Watching the planes was one of my mom's (and mine) favorite things we did during her visit. Then we went up to the hillside at a place where there are lots of trailheads, one of which is for Flattop Mountain, the most traveled trail among tourists. The mosquitos were eating us alive, so we used our hoods to try and protect us. There had been gobs of fires all over Alaska, and some (we heard) in East Anchorage, causing the sky to be a bit smoky. So the view is sort of hard to see from the pictures.

I wonder if there are sunsets in heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment