Sunday, November 1, 2009

Thursday, October 29: Day 140

Sad news: My friend and seminary student, Courtney McElwee, is moving to Wyoming. No one up here is happy about it. We decided to get together today and say good-bye. I don't think there has ever been more junk food in our apartment than there was today. Airheads, chewy Nerds, caramel corn, cupcakes, mint Oreos, chips and dip, soda, and coffee cake. And for the healthy stuff: grapes, strawberries, carrots, and kiwi. We had a good time playing the game called "Animal Signs" which we've played as a group several times. I was proud to come up with a new animal sign: the camel, which was a big success in my opinion. And then we watched a scary movie...can't remember the name but I spent a large portion of it trying to block out the scary music and strinking up conversation during the most suspenseful parts. I'm not one for scary movies and never have been.
From Top to Bottom: Ryan Iacovelli, Austin Blanch, Courtney, Sasha Sandoval, Jacqueline Sandoval
Left to Right: Sasha and Arianne Asay, Cara Wilcox, and Katie Owen
Austin and Courtney (and all the junk food)
Katie, Brittany Suaava, and Sasha
I'll miss you, Courtney! I wish you could stay up here with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment