Sunday, November 1, 2009

Saturday,October 24: Day 135

Today was a "get-er done" kind of day with not much excitement to report. Lots of cleaning, laundry, lesson planning, grocery shopping, etc. I was at Target today and made a splurge purchase that I don't regret for a second: a pumpkin spice candle. Candles are the kind of thing I hardly ever buy but I always want. And they make me so happy--I never regret buying a candle. This candle specifically has already brought more joy than a lot of things that cost $8. The smell of pumpkin invites all kinds of good feelings and gets you in all kinds of good moods. For me it can get me excited for Halloween, fall, Thanksgiving, pie, holiday memories with family, even pre-Christmas excitement and wondering what to get who. For me this year, it's even more exciting because it's reminding me that in not too long, I'm going to be on an airplane for HOME!! (We fly out of here December 16--which seems like a short time, seeing as it's been since last Christmas that I was home). I can not WAIT to go home and see everyone. Alaska is an awesome place to live and we have an amazing ward with great friends. But nothing can replace family and I'm super excited about visiting. So to come back to the candle, it was a great purchase today, because it made all of these exciting feelings come bubbling up to the surface and I only wonder what took me so long to get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment