Sunday, November 1, 2009

Monday, October 26: Day 137


So, announcement: I've started to substitute teach in the Anchorage School District. Not because I'm aching for something to do but because I'm hoping to save up for an insulin pump pretty soon here. Today I took a part-time job at Bowman Elementary and loved it! The subfinder system is kind of funny because it's not very specific to what grade or even what you'll be doing within a particular grade, which is hard sometimes because teaching 6th grade is a much different thing than teaching kindergarten, as you can imagine. So I was a little nervous for this one because all it said was "SPED Resource K-6" which could mean a variety of situations. I walked into a preschool room and found that I'd be working with another adult to teach 6 special ed preschoolers for 2 hours (the listed job time was 4 hours). The other adult was the TA who knew the whole routine and where everything was. So I basically followed her directions the whole time. And only 4 kids showed up, so it was a pretty easy afternoon. The kids were really cute, too. Hopefully I'll get to go back because it was all so fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment