Sunday, November 1, 2009

Saturday, October 31: Day 142

So here are the costumes:
Since we forgot to get a full body shot, I will mention that my legs were wrapped in bandages as well (to symbolize the whole "not feeling well" idea). The pictures from last night were not included because they WERE full body shots and were just a little too depressing, as I look like I'm 5 months pregnant and I am not even 1 day pregnant. Matthias somehow got roped into helping at one of the carnival activities. Squash bowling, or something like that:
This is sweet little Kaelyn Wilson in her Tigger costume bowling. With her little binky and waddley walk, I dare say she was the cutest kid in costume there.

Here's Katie Owen and Courtey McElwee. Courtney flew out of Anchorage for Wyoming about 8 hours later. We miss you already Courtney!

There was a pumpkin carving contest. These were two of my favorites, although I forgot to take a picture of the one that looked like Pres. Monson!
After the ward carnival, we stopped my Haleigh Robinson's region swim meet to cheer her on. Then we were off to a bonfire in Indian, AK, which will actually not even show up on a map of Alaska if you google map it. It's so small it's not really even a town. Mike Thomas, a newly baptized member of the church we know from sitting in on a lesson with him, invited us to his cabin along with a bunch of his friends. His cabin is the very last house before you hit Chugach State Park and is surrounded by trees. It's amazing!
Some of the guys there were throwing fire crackers into the fire and it made a really cool stream of firey flurries in the air:
The following two pictures were taken from standing in the same spot:

No joke! I turned from the fire and pointed down with the camera and zoomed in on the ground where these leaves were. Didn't that picture turn out cool? It was in the mid-20's and it was most certainly the coldest bonfire I've ever been to. But we really weren't that cold. I had on a jacket but no hat and gloves and I was toasty warm. We had such a fun day together. I hope all of you had a fantastic Halloween, too. If you will and I haven't already talked to you about it, what did you dress up as? What did you do?

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, I am glad you asked about my Halloween. It was very wonderful. I love Halloween. I bought tons of Halloween decorations this last week when they were dirt cheap. Next Halloween our ghetto little apartment will look incredibly Halloweeny. How long are you going to be in Alaska? When are you moving to Flagstaff. I need you.

    ReplyDelete