Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thursday, October 15: Day 126

So fall has lasted so long up here! Here are some of the latest pictures. Most of the leaves are off most of the trees. However, some trees don't have any and some trees still have all of them.
Anchorage sunrise: 8:41am; sunset: 6:49pm
Phoenix Arizona: Sunrise: 6:32am; Sunset: 5:55pm
Havana, Cuba: Sunrise: 6:28am; Sunset: 6:00pm
Shanghai, China: Sunrise: 5:58am; Sunset: 5:15pm
I thought the fact that Phoenix is setting at 5:55 as opposed to 6:49 p.m. was pretty interesting. So our sunrise is already pretty different from most parts of the world, but our sunset has yet to be sooner than many places. We lose 3-4 minutes a day on the sunset side so it won't take too long. The later sunrise hasn't affected me much yet. Maybe when it gets to be 10:30 or 11:00 a.m. it will get a bit old. I think the sun setting earlier is the thing that bothers me more. But if you keep yourself busy, it really doesn't affect much at all (as long as I take my vitamin D).

No comments:

Post a Comment