Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Saturday, October 3: Day 114

Since I seem to forget to pack my camera around with me to keep this blog interesting and packed with good pics, I am going to get a little creative here about today. It was full of opportunities for pictures and yet the camera stayed in the closet due to my own negligence. So here is the first symbol that represents my day:

Conference!

We watched the morning session at home and the afternoon one at the church because our internet was making things slow and frustrating at times. I loved it. 5 new temples were announced: Brigham City, UT; Concepcion, Chile; Manaus, Brazil (which is right on the edge of the Amazon); Fort Lauderdale, FL; and Sorpotel, Japan. And 83% of Church members live within 200 miles of a temple. My favorite talks today were from President Uchtdorf, Elder Oaks, and Elder Anderson.

Next:

Girl's "Night" was actually afternoon since we're two hours early here and priesthood session is from 4-6. I invited the girls from Thy's old Sunday School class over (Sasha & Jacqueline Sandoval, Courtney McElwee, and Katie Owen), and we played "Nertz"--one of my favorite card games. I am always up for a round of Nertz, even if I don't win. We had a good time.

Next:

A baptism! Michael Thomas's baptism. He came over for a lesson with the missionaries on Sept. 24 and it was the most powerful lesson I've ever sat in on. He had really great questions and you could tell he knew it was all true. His baptism was equally amazing and I was very happy to be there.

And:

We went to Moose's Tooth to celebrate Rachel Vander Martin's birthday along with her family. Wish I would have brought my camera! We shared part of Thanksgiving day with her and her family last fall and she lives just down the street from us.

When we were finally home, Matthias said a few times "Today was a good day." And I have to agree. Today was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment