Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Monday, October 19: Day 130

Is broccoli still healthy if you drench it in ranch? Does the ranch negate any health benefits of the broccoli? I need to know. I bought a huge bag of broccoli at Costco in hopes it would force me to eat more. I definitely have eaten more but the increase in Ranch dressing ingestion since then has risen dramatically. What do you think? Am I better off eating broccoli if it means more Ranch? I can't quite handle biting into raw broccoli without masking the flavor. Boiling it I hear makes it lose some of the nutritional value. Broiling it makes it dryer than dry. Does anyone have a good way of making broccoli taste good?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love steamed broccoli...and it doesn't loose all the nutrition like when you boil it. Try that! Mmmm, broccoli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. try an olive oil base dressing instead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all about dipping it in ranch. Melted cheddar helps with cooked.

    ReplyDelete