Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Saturday, October 17: Day 128

The Simpers invited us to their celebration of Target coming to South Anchorage tonight. It's maybe a 3 minute drive from our apartment and I've been there probably 5-6 times already in about 2 weeks since it's opened. It's on the way to nearly everywhere so it's the perfect place to drop by for the one item I forgot or whatever it is I need. So it really is a fantastic thing to celebrate. They organized a scavenger hunt for each team to go do in the store itself. Clues led to different items you can find there and you had to take a picture with everyone on your team as evidence you found each one. We left for that portion of the party, unfortunately, but we were leaving for good reason...

Judge Beistline (the judge Matthias works for) was giving a presentation in one of the courtrooms where Matthias works. It was for a group of homeschoolers but we wanted to go to support and I wanted to go to hear more about his good stories from the cases he's worked on. I was not disappointed.
After it was over, we went back to the Simpers to hang out. They had a chocolate fountain going with all kinds of things to dip in and I caved and had some. She made this amazing cake in the shape and design of the Target symbol and it was cut in bite sized pieces that you could also dip in the chocolate. Was she trying to kill me? Cake and chocolate? Arughgg! It was so delicious.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I would totally support a party to welcome Target to my town. It's like a road trip to go to one.

    ReplyDelete