Monday, June 15, 2009

Saturday, June 13: Day 1

So a couple of friends invited us to go to a Renaissance Fair, which was a lot of fun. I think the highlight was the Battle Chess. It was a bit like on Harry Potter where the two pieces would fight it out until one was left standing...only no one actually died. Although now that I think about it, no one really died on Harry Potter, either.


Our friend, Xavier, did some spear throwing. The goal was to throw the spear head into a big stack of hay. You got 3 tries and you could win some sort of rose thing. A huge incentive, right?Unfortunately he didn't win the prize but he did give it a good try.
I have to say, I'm extremely proud (and somewhat sad) that I didn't try the corn fritters with honey butter. They taunted me, sang to me, and begged me to eat them. Trying to eat healthy is difficult sometimes!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are a strong woman! They are very tasty, but are oh so bad for you! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete