Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday, June 15: Day 3

I went to pick up some friends from our ward at the airport. Whenever you come into the North Terminal, this is what is there to greet you...

So the reflection off the glass isn't that great...but you can get the idea. This was one of the first things we saw when we moved up here and got off the plane and I knew we were somewhere different. Not long after that, I was at the nearby mall with my friend Janina and saw some stuffed moose, brown bears, and geese right where you might normally see little kiosks for cell phone covers or knick-knacks. It's pretty awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen any live polar bears?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, not outside of a zoo. I've never been that far north. But from the people I know up here that have seen one, I hear they're really aggressive.

    ReplyDelete