Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Friday, June 26: Day 14

There is a viewpoint in downtown Anchorage where you can look out at Cook Inlet and on clear days see Mt. McKinley. Supposedly whales can be seen from this place but I haven't been so lucky. I did take a picture of one of the displays there that shares some interesting information about Anchorage's location on the globe. For your reading pleasure:
P.S. There are some flights that go right over the North Pole, even moreso than with the flight to London. For example, if I want to fly home to Utah, it takes 5.5 hours. If I want to fly to Frankfurt, Germany, it takes 7.5 hours. If I want to fly to Russia...a couple of hours. Yikes.

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me of something Palin said. haha (Someone in our ward just moved to your area. I think. I'm not sure. I think you knew her. I'm not sure. I should get my facts straight. Anyway, so the point is, maybe I'll be the next to move there!?!?)

    ReplyDelete