Friday, June 26, 2009

Thursday, June 18: Day 6

Sariah, Matthias's sister, came to visit and our first order of business was to take a day cruise. It took off from Whittier, which is about 1 hour south of Anchorage. Here are my personal top 5 things about the cruise:

5. Eating glacier ice.
4. The cute little sea otters.
3. The color of the water and the deep blue of the glaciers.
2. Seeing a billion waterfalls all along the mountain sides.
1. Watching glacier calving.

I wanted to add somewhere in there discovering the most amazing chips I've ever eaten. They're some sort of Alaska-labeled chip that are sort of like kettle chips but not as thick and a better flavor. Amaaazing. (I allowed a little bit of cheating during this past week for traveling reasons. Try not to judge.)

Anyway, I think the pictures speak for themselves. Let it be known these are the first pictures with my brand new camera. I took more than 100 pictures on the cruise...got a little excited. So it was hard to narrow them down.




This last picture was just a little piece of heaven we found while wandering around on a trail before boarding.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sitting in 100+ San Antonio and that snow looks SO GOOD!!! Loving your pictures! I want some chips now, though.

    ReplyDelete